Friday, September 17, 2010

A Simple Hi

Hey, everyone!
Wow, where did this week go? Am I right?
Seems like it just buzzed by.

I did get one super-easy card made, and I'm going to try to post it super-quick, as I should be dressing for work at this very moment.
So, here it is:


Like I said, super-simple.
I started with some white Bazzill cardstock, folded to a regular-sized card, and after everything was adhered, I decided to trim it into a square. I don't advise that you do this -- mine came out with a slightly smaller border up top as a result. Oh well, live and learn.


Looking through my stash, I spotted this paper from DCWV that had a whole bunch of glittery squares depicting flowers and birds. I chose four, punched them out with my scalloped square punch, and adhered them to the front of the card.

Then I cut out the little bird and added him with dimensionals.
I put a felt flower ($1 bin at Target) in the center, and a button from my stash with a bit of white embroidery floss through the center, tied into a bow. Stuck on some Making Memories glitter alphas to spell out my sentiment. To finish, I rounded all four corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Rounder.


After I got all the pictures done, I decided to add a tiny hot pink butterfly to the top left square. I didn't want to take the photos all over again, so you'll have to just imagine it's there. ;o)

And that's it for me! Hope to have more posts next week.
Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! I love the scallop squares, and fun, bright DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright and perky, I like how you used the dp and made a card with no stamping! The little bird is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real cheery card on a dull, wet day here in Lancashire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY! It's so bright and happy and.. just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little card! What brand is you scalloped square punch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. May be super simple, but oh so super cute!!! Love the colors and how you used the scallop, great card! Hope your hand is doing better. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I'm imagining the hot pink butterfly now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soo super cute Christy! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and cheery! I love the layout and added texture from the felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card made me smile! The fun, bright colors and the clean and simple design...it is so HAPPY! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, I think it's McGill's. I'm pretty sure. It's pink, if that helps.

    Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! You just made my evening! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! Love those colors. Also, I wanted to let you know you won my Lawn Fawn Stamp give away from last week. Stop my blog to check out the details. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yay! :o) I'm so thrilled! Thank you, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...