Monday, July 9, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks


Today I come to you with a heart full of gratitude.
Most of you by now have probably heard about the
recent break-in that happened in my family's home
and the theft of all our valuables.

Well some dear crafty friends came together and
held a card/donation drive called Operation Safe and Sound
on both the Lawnscaping Challenge blog and
A Blog Named Hero as well as many individual blogs.
The drive lasted all this past week, and all together
a total of $498.83 was raised for my family!

I was just completely blown away by the generosity
of these ladies who hosted the drive, and the people who
donated, wrote kind words of support, or sent up prayers.
I feel so honoed and blessed to be a part of such
a loving, giving, caring community of crafters and friends.




The money raised will go toward replacing my
beloved MacBook that was stolen
and I will cherish it all the more, knowing that
it was this wonderful group of women who enabled me
to repurchase the tools I needed to continue my love
of papercrafting and sharing blog posts and videos.

Heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you dear ones!


And an extra-special thanks goes out to Melissa Shea
and Laurel Beard for organizing the whole drive
and just being completely wonderful, lovely friends.

Much love to all!
Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful and I'm happy that you are able to have this moment of joy - feeling the care and support of those around you - because you deserve it! God bless your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I do hope you get back on your feet soon! Hope you will catch those bad guys. Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love that paper pack! I hope things start to run a little better every day that passes :) Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that I could be part of something so wonderful. I am so sorry that you had to go through all of what you did to get to this point though.

    Our stamping/crafting/scrapbooking community is wonderful and I am so glad that it could bring you some happiness and help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME card and I'm so happy that the drive helped. I gave what I could, wish it was more. Now go get that MacBook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweet girl! Soo sorry about the break in but Im glad you and your family are safe. I'm also glad the card drive helped out and you can get a new Macbook. Sending you hugs and stay safe xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy to hear you got a little $$ help that will hopefully get you back up and running in the the tech world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that I could donate, even if it wasn't that much! So glad that you will be able to purchase another computer, and wow, your card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...