Thursday, October 23, 2014

Merry & Bright - 2014 Holiday Card Series #2


Good morning! Welcome to the second installment of my 2014 Holiday Card Series! The minute I received my Mama Elephant new release order in the mail this week, I knew that my very next card would have to feature one of these adorable Arctic Penguins! They're just so darn cute! 

I decided to give him a Northern Lights background which I achieved by using Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord, and Seedless Preserves. But if you google the Aurora Borealis, there are so many color options to choose from! I'm definitely going to keep playing and making more of these backgrounds for my new little friends. :)

Enjoy the video! Click on the YouTube icon in the bottom right corner to watch it there in HD. And please don't forget to leave me a comment, thumbs up my video, and subscribe if you haven't already. All those things mean so much to a YouTuber! It really helps us out!




I'll also be linking this up to the current Mama Elephant and Me Challenge: Anything Goes. There's still a few days left to play along if you haven't already! 


9 comments:

  1. What an amazing card! The Northern Light background is absolutely fantastic. What a brilliant idea. And I love cards with vellum on them. So there's no way I could not be thrilled by your project. Guess what, you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That background looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! That background is AH-MAZING!!!! So in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is beautiful - I love the colors you used for the background and the penguins are just too cute - my set just arrived today :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is breathtaking!!!!!!!! That background with the vellum...I get weak in the knees! Wow!! And of course the penguins could NOT be any cuter! So so so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful! I love that background and the penguin is adorable. That's a great idea to use the vellum, too, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, Christy!! Love how you used the vellum and your background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christy ~
    HUGE CONGRATS to you for being chosen as a Favorite for this AWESOME card over at the Mama Elephant and Me Challenge! I love, love how you created your background, and your coloring is amazing! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...