Monday, July 5, 2021

Make a Splash - Lawn Fawnatics #104

 


Hello friends, welcome to another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! This round is all about our favorite summertime activity, and mine is definitely swimming! When I was a little girl, I loved to swim in my grandparents' pool and I would always pretend I was a mermaid and stay under water for as long as I could hold my breath. My card today honors those special memories! I used Mermaid for You Flip FlopMermaid for YouYou Are SublimeOcean Shell-fie, and Fintastic Friends. I colored all the images with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the background, I blended Distress Oxide Ink onto a Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock panel. I used Salvaged PatinaPeacock FeathersLucky Clover and Pine Needles. Then I added some Liquid Stardust speckles, and created some light rays coming from the top right corner using one of the Plaid Stencils and some White Pigment Ink. Once that panel was dry, I trimmed it down with the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables and mounted it to a Rainforest card base.


I added my images with foam tape, and white heat embossed a sentiment onto a Black Licorice Stitched Circle Stackable to cover up a mistake I'd made on the card. Then I finished with some Clear Droplets, and Stardust Stickles for a bit of sparkle.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube. And don't forget to like and subscribe!


Now it's time to head over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the design team has created to inspire you to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...