Monday, July 4, 2022

Little Mermaid Christmas in July Card - Lawn Fawnatics #128


Hello friends! Happy Independence Day to those of us in the United States! Today we're celebrating a different holiday though with our newest Lawn Fawnatics Challenge: Christmas in July! For this card, I wanted to incorporate the beachy, summery vibes I'm feeling right now, so I decided to do a Little Mermaid theme by combining images from Mermaid for You and Christmas Fishes. I colored them with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For my background, I blended Distress Oxide Inks onto two panels of Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock. For the sea, I used Cracked PistachioLucky Clover, and Pine Needles. For the sand, Antique Linen, and Gathered Twigs. Then I splattered both with gold paint using the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors. I die cut the sea with the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables and the Stitched Ripple Backdrop, and the sand with the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders.


I adhered the backgrounds to a Barn Red card base, then stamped a sentiment with Lobster Ink and trimmed that down with an Everyday Sentiment Banner. I glued my images onto the scene, and then to give it even more detail, stamped bubbles into the sea with Noble Fir Ink. Then to finish things off, I added a bit of sparkle with Stardust Stickles.


To see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube. And don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Visit the Lawn Fawnatics blog for all the details on how to play along with our challenge, and see even more inspiration by the design team! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...