Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebrate


Hello bloggers!
How are you this fine Monday?
Enjoying your last day of Easter vacation?
It's raining, so the boys and I are having a mellow day indoors.
I have to admit, it's kinda nice.

I did want to pop in and share a card I made

I underestimated this one!
I thought it'd be super easy until I discovered I had next to
nothing in navy, and no matching copics either.
With my supplies severely limited, this is what I came up with:


I'm not completely happy with it, but it's not a big deal,
because as it turns out, I missed the deadline anyway.
Oh, well. I guess that happens to us all sometimes.
We just have to keep pressing on, keep trying,
keep learning from our mistakes. Right?

Anyway, I hope you're having a great day
and that you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter!

We'll chat again soon, okay?


Supplies:
cardstock: Georgia Pacific
patterned paper: October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye
stamp: Lawn Fawn "Sophie's Sentiments"
ink: Jenni Bowlin "Spice Tin"
gems: Queen & Co

7 comments:

  1. Well I think it is great even if you didn't make the deadline. I was going to try a card for this one too since you turned me on to the color throwdown challenge, but I had trouble as well and just got frustrated and gave up. It happens. :(
    I think you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card :) I like the colors and the little birdies :) Hope that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with it!!!! It’s such a pretty card!

    I haven’t participated in a color challenge yet :(. I always love the inspiration I see with girls doing them, but I can’t seem to get myself there yet. I’m so insubordinate. If they say to use navy, I automatically want to use turquoise, if they say use red, I want to use orange ;). Maybe one day I’ll get there. You did awesome! Too bad you missed it - I’m so happy you went for it and posted it anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's beautiful! I hope you enjoy the day with your boys. We didn't have any days off for an Easter break...so the kids were in school Friday and Monday. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a winner in my book!!! And would have made it to the top if you met the deadline. But I'm so glad you posted for us to enjoy anyway!!! It's a beauty!!! Love how you did the layered borders... so soft and pretty... and my fav? It's polka dots!!! :o) Have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Christy! Love those colours. Hope you had a wonderful Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! The polka dots and the birds, ok, well I just love everything about, the way you have the border for the birds and the skittles, it's two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...