Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ne Hao

Hello again!
I know I don't usually post on the weekends,
but I wanted to enter a couple of challenges that 
end in the next day or two,
so I hope you don't mind. :o)

The first is the Color Throwdown #139

Aren't those colors yummy?
It immediately reminded me of this gorgeous paper 
I had in my stash from My Little Shoebox.


I used Cosmo Cricket tiny type alphas
to spell out "Ni Hao" which (I hope) is the phonetic
spelling of the Mandarin word for "hello."

I just love this little scene.
Reminds me of the little girl from Memoirs of a Geisha.
It's so vibrant and beautiful that it really 
needs little extra embellishment.

Which makes it perfect for the second challenge,
Being nearly flat makes this card perfect for mailing.
I love this idea, because I really need to mail out more cards, 
rather than just decorating my bookshelves with them.

Okay, well, that's it for me tonight!
Make sure to check back Monday for another
Lawnscaping Challenge!
See you then!

2 comments:

  1. This is just awesome! Love the colors, the stitching, well the whole thing! I love that Memories of a Geisha movie. After I saw it I had to get the book and read it, loved that too! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the first ever Make-It and Mail-It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Christy! This is gorgeous in every way! I love all of your details and the colors are so fun and happy! Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...