Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - April


Hey friends! I'm so happy to be back for another edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! This month I fell in love with the adorable animal selfies from the new Birdie Brown set, Picture Perfect. There were so many cute ones to choose from, but I decided to pair up the jungle critters.

I colored my images starting with the background using a dot technique to look like there was more jungle foliage just out of focus. Then I colored my monkeys in warm browns and the sloth in cool browns for some contrast. The Selfie Square Die-namics perfectly trims them out. 

I die cut two Polaroid Shaker Frame Die-namics out of Blu Raspberry cardstock and used the #Captions Die-namics to add my sentiments. I popped out the letters and replaced them with new ones in Grout Gray.


I took a standard A2 sized Sour Apple card base and stamped over the surface with the All Lined Up Background in coordinating green ink. Then I layered my polaroids so that they were overlapping slightly.

To finish up the card, I "hung" my animal selfies from the Tree Branch Die-namics, and added leaves in various sizes to both the branches and also one to each frame down near the sentiments.


To see how this card came together, click below or visit the MFT YouTube channel to watch it there in HD. And don't forget to hit that thumbs up button and leave me a comment! I always look forward to your feedback.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a crafty day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...