Friday, May 14, 2021

Firefly Wishes Card


Hey friends, happy Friday! Today's card really brings the nostalgia! It features Firefly Friends by Rachelle Anne Miller for MFT, which totally takes me back to hot July nights, running barefoot in the grass with my cousins chasing fireflies. I colored the images with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.

For the background, I blended Distress Oxide Inks onto a panel of Bristol Smooth Surface cardstock. I used Speckled Egg in the center, then Shaded Lilac, and then Dusty Concord on the outside edges. I trimmed that down with the Lawn Fawn Cross-Stitched Square Stackables


I created a card base from Lawn Fawn Sticky Note Cardstock, and layered on some fun papers from the Doodlebug Fairy Garden 6x6 pad, which I die cut with the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables. Then I popped my focal panel up with foam tape and added a Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner with a sentiment from MFT's Pawty Time by Stacey Yacula.

To finish off the card I used Fantastix Coloring Tools to add some distant fireflies with White Pigment Ink and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink, and of course, some Stardust Stickles.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube. If you enjoy it, please consider subscribing to my channel and liking the video. Your support means the world! I hope your summer nights are still filled with firefly wishes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...