Monday, October 21, 2024

Fangtastic Friend Card - Lawn Fawnatics #183


Hey friends, it's time for a new Lawn Fawnatics Challenge and this time we're going Monochromatic! A monochromatic card is one that only uses one color tone, and since I've done a few of these in the past now, I wanted to go with a color I haven't tried before and ended up deciding on PURPLE! I think purple goes so well with Halloween cards, so I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Fangtastic Friends stamp set.


I love these cute little bats, and I haven't had a chance to use them in a while, so I thought that this challenge would be the perfect opportunity! I colored them with Copic markers, using the purples mixed with a little bit of gray to give it that extra spooky feel. Then I trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the background, I used the Nighttime Sky Stencils to mask off the moon on a piece of Bristol Cardstock, then blended on Distress Oxide Inks in Shaded LilacVillainous Potion, and  Black Soot. I stamped a sentiment from Spooktacular in the moon, then adhered the panel to a Black Licorice card base, and popped my images up with foam tape.


If you'd like to see the start to finish process of this card coming together, click the thumbnail below, or you can find it HERE on my YouTube channel, Christy Gets Crafty. And don't forget to check out the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog to see the rest of the design team's Monochromatic creations, and to link up your own to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...