Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dandelion Canvas


Hey everyone!
I've got something a little different for you tonight.
I don't know if I've mentioned this here on the blog before,
but just before last Christmas I started taking painting on canvas classes.
I took three different classes on holiday themed canvases,
taught by a wonderful local artist named Heather Cash.
You can click that link to check out her website.
She's such a great teacher. :)
She really breaks it down and makes it so easy!

Tonight she resumed classes with something I've always wanted 
to learn how to paint -- dandelions!
I typically share this stuff on my Christy Gets Crafty Facebook page,
but I thought I'd try sharing it here as well and see what you think.

A blank canvas and a palette of paint ...



... becomes a scene of dandelions against a deep blue sky!



Another angle to show the texture.


Anyway, I hope you like it!

Let me know if you're interested in seeing more of my canvases
as I continue to take classes -- I'll share if you enjoy seeing them.
 :)

Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure exactly why but this website is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.



    Here is my site - usato

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it??? I LOVE it!!!
    Have a great day, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Christiana!! I love it too! Your background is awesome!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo cool!!
    Totally love it!! Love to see more of your painting work!!
    Just gorgeous!! wow!!
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Christy!! This is awesome. I have no talent for painting and am so envious of those who do. You are an ARTIST! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christy! Thanks for the shout-out and link to my site! You are so sweet! I love the way your painting turned out - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this! It is so beautiful :) I just came across your blog today, I am a new follower and I'm excited to see more of your work. Check me out at www.xogorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...