Monday, February 19, 2018

You're a Treasure - Lawn Fawnatics #23


Hello friends, happy Monday, and welcome to Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #23! Today we are tempting you to Try a New Technique, and for me it was the perfect opportunity to finally create a Magic Color Slider. I'd been putting it off far too long!


I decided I would make a birthday card for my youngest son, so I pulled out Ahoy, Matey and of course, the Magic Color Slider dies. Once you have all the elements trimmed out, it's actually quite easy to put together. 


I stamped more images onto kraft cardstock with Walnut ink, added some stitched detail with Stitched Trails, then sponged on some distress ink to make it look like an old treasure map. Then I layered that panel on some patterned papers and adhered my Magic Color Slider over top.


To watch the entire process in HD, click the YouTube icon at the bottom right of the video, and don't forget to like and subscribe! I sure do appreciate it!


Now head on over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing design team projects and Try a New Technique and play along! I can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

  1. This Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow fan gives your card a big thumbs up. Like how you showed the detail steps. Your coloring is awesome.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...