Friday, December 4, 2020

Warm Hugs Card

 


Hey friends! Today I'm taking a short break from my 2020 Holiday Card Series to bring you this sweet card using Hello Bluebird Frosty Mornings stamp set. I had so much fun coloring up these sweet girls with Copics, and I even gave one of them a little floral pattern on her dress. I also pulled in the little bird from My Snowman for some extra sweetness. Then I trimmed the images out with the matching dies.


After all that time spent coloring, I wanted to create an easy, but eye-catching background. So I die cut some white cardstock with the Mama Elephant Peek A Frame and cut out an extra piece for the ground with the Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Borders. Then I did a technique that I call "Ink Swiping." I took the ink pad directly to the paper and swiped across the surface, creating a textile look. I used Lawn Fawn inks in Ballet Slippers and Peachy Keen for the top and Manatee and Hippo for the bottom. I also stamped my sentiment in Hippo.

I used the other two dies from the Peek A Frame set to trim down my Simple Stories Cozy Days 6x8 patterned papers, which I layered onto a Narwhal card base. Then I popped my focal panel up with Foam Tape and added some Stardust Stickles as a finishing touch.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube. And don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe to support my channel! It means the world. Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to COpics and really appreciate all the Copic videos you for the Hello Bluebird stamps which I totally adore. So thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I'm learning so much from you and really love your videos. Keep them coming please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, this card is just so adorable and I love the colors you chose and the coloring of the hair is GREAT! Thanks for sharing once again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...