Monday, July 17, 2023

Sea-son's Greetings Card - Lawn Fawnatics #153


Hey friends, welcome to another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! This time we are thinking ahead to the winter holiday with Christmas in July! For my card, I decided to go with a beachy theme, so I created a subtle Christmas tree motif using the Lawn Fawn How You Bean? Seashell Add-on with some coral elements that sort of resemble a snowflake from Mermaid for You. I colored the shells with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies. The coral I stamped in Peachy Keen and Moonstone Ink.


For the background, I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock that I die cut with the Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables. Then I blended on Distress Inks, starting in the center with Salvaged Patina, then added in Stormy Sky and finally Chipped Sapphire to darken up the edges. I splattered two shades of metallic gold watercolor using Gansai Tambi Starry Colors, starting from the corners toward the center.


Then I gold heat embossed a sentiment from Christmas Fishes, added my coral with liquid glue and popped the seashells up in the tree shape with foam tape. And to finish things off, I added two different colored crystal gems and some Stardust Stickles. I also did some stamping on the inside, which you can check out in the video.


To see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube, and don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! I really hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the design team has created to inspire you, and to link up your own Christmas in July cards and play along! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...