Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Showers of Love - MFT & Friends April Release


Hey friends, today I'm excited to bring you a very special post! My Favorite Things is starting a brand new feature on their blog called MFT & Friends, and I'm thrilled to be taking part! Today the design team and lots of crafty friends (like me!) will be bringing you tons of inspiration using the brand-new April release.


The minute I saw the Puddle Jumper stamp set from Birdie Brown, I immediately fell in love, because I felt a personal connection to the image, which I'll relate in the video. I colored him up with Copic markers, and added a few accessory images from Rain or Shine to set the scene.


I created a stormy distress inked background, then cut a cloud out of the top right corner with the Cloud Shaker Window and Frame Die-namics and filled the Cloud Shaker Pouch with Sparkling Clear Sequins and chunky glitter. I trimmed down my focal panel just enough to allow a little strip of Calm & Cozy Chevrons pattern paper to peek out the bottom. Then I stamped my sentiment directly on my card base so that it would show through the shaker window. I adhered the panel to the card with Scor-Tape, and popped my images up with foam tape for that added dimension.


I also continued the stamping on the inside, but I'll save that for the video. Click the YouTube icon at the bottom right corner to watch it in HD, and don't forget to like and subscribe! Your support means the world. :)


Now please head on over to the MFT Blog to find the complete list of everyone participating in this fun, new monthly feature. I can't wait to see what everyone else has created! I just know you're going to be blown away!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your sky is amazing! So excited to be an MFT friend with you this month, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ardyth! I'm still pinching myself that I get to be surrounded by so much talent!

      Delete
  2. AWESOME stormy day shaker card! I love that the cloud has a "silver" lining shakers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...