Monday, November 4, 2019

Holiday Card Series #5 - Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #64


Hello everyone! Welcome to Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #64! This round is all about creating cards for the men in our life. This was the perfect opportunity for me to work on a card I'd been envisioning in my head for months now: my brother's Christmas card! My brother is a certified scuba diver and diving instructor. And he likes to call his lovely new bride his "mermaid."


So I pulled together images from Christmas Fishes with Mermaid for You and You are Sublime. I colored everything in with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.



Then I created a background with Distress Oxide inks, starting from the bottom with Gathered Twigs, Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, and Blueprint Sketch. I spritzed the panel with water and blotted it up with a paper towel to give it a bit more interest. I trimmed the panel down with a Stitched Rectangle Stackables and then adhered all the images with foam tape.


I created a card base with Cilantro cardstock and layered two patterned paper prints from the Snow Day Remix 6x6 pad over top. Then I added my focal panel with more foam tape, since I'll be hand-delivering this card, all that dimension won't be a problem. 

I finished off the card with a little Crystal Stickles and some stamping on the inside, which you can check out in the video.



This is also Day 5 of my 2019 Holiday Card Series! Click below or watch on YouTube in HD, and don't forget to like and subscribe so you don't miss a video!


And now it's time to head over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing design team samples. Then you can start creating those cards for the guys in your life. We can't wait to see what you make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...