Friday, September 14, 2018

Sunflower Field


Hi, friends! Today I have a fun card to share inspired by a gorgeous sunflower field near my house. Every day when I pass it, it makes me smile, and I wanted to recreate that on this card. 

I started with the Waffle Flower Grow Happiness, which is technically more of a Spring set, but I like to stretch my stamps in new ways. I thought, with a little artistic interpretation, the tall flower could easily be a sunflower, so I stamped all my images, colored them with Copics, and trimmed them with the matching dies.


For my focal panel, I die cut some sky using the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables and two shades of dirt for my field using Stitched Hillside Borders. I added a sentiment using Walnut ink, and then tucked my flowers into rows and adhered my sweet little mouse and her watering can with liquid glue.

I layered my Echo Park Celebrate Autumn 6x6 papers onto my card base and popped the focal panel up with foam tape over top. To finish things off, I added Crystal Stickles to the heart on the watering can, and Mercury Glass Stickles to the sunflower centers.


I also did some stamping on the inside, which you can check out in the video. Click the YouTube icon to watch there in HD, and don't forget to like and subscribe! Thanks so much for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...