Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - September


Hello and welcome to the September edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! Today I'm so happy to be featured over on the My Favorite Things YouTube Channel with a fun holiday card featuring the Joyous Holidays stamp set. These Santas and reindeer are so dang cute! I stamped everything in Extreme Black Hybrid Ink, colored the images with Copic Markers, and trimmed them out with the coordinating dies.
 

For my background, I used the Drifts & Hills Stencil to create a snowy hillside with Distress Oxide Inks. I trimmed that down with the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2. I wanted my sentiment to be big and bold and somehow subtle at the same time, if that makes sense. Lol. So I used the Sending Christmas Joy Die-namics to cut right into the background and left all the die cut letters in place. I added that to a Wild Cherry card base. To lighten the letters, I brushed over them with a Glitter Brush Pen, which removed a little of the ink. I adhered my images so that it would look like Santa was dotting the J,  and then added some Stardust Stickles for a little bling.


I also did some fun stamping on the inside, which you can check out in the video. Don't forget to subscribe to My Favorite Things for more amazing videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...