Monday, June 19, 2023

Buzzin' Bee-day Card - Lawn Fawnatics #151


Hey friends, today I've got a honey of a card to share with you for our newest Lawn Fawnatics Challenge: Summertime Fun! I have to confess, when I created my card, I hadn't read the fine print of the subtitle for this challenge, so I didn't realize that the critters were supposed to be on vacation! I was just thinking summer = bees and birthday bashes. So I guess my bees are having a stay-cation! Which is fine, because my family usually takes our vacation in the Wintertime to escape the snow. 


So for this one, I used a combination of image from Hive Five and Toucan Do It. I colored the images with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies. Then I created a focal panel by cutting down some Bristol with the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables and blended on Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink using the Cloudy Stencil.


I wanted to create a shaker card, so I took another piece of Bristol and blended on Squeezed LemonadeMustard Seed, and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks. I used the shame shades on the front of a Sticky Note card base. On the Bristol panel, I also splattered Gansai Tambi Starry Colors and die cut it with the Honeycomb Backdrop. I glued a piece of Acetate to the back. Then I filled the card with Prisma GlitterChunky Glitter, and Iridescent Hearts and popped the frame overtop with foam tape.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch here on YouTube, and don't forget to like and comment if you enjoyed it! Visit the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the design team has created to inspire you, and link up your own Summertime Fun projects to play along! Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...