Monday, August 5, 2024

Fabulous Flamingos Card - Lawn Fawnatics #178


Hey friends, it's time for another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge and this one is a fun color inspiration! For my card, I was not just inspired by the color palette, but also by the picture itself. I wanted to create something with flamingos, waves, and distant sandbars. To do that, I combined a whole bunch of Lawn Fawn sets, including Flamingo TogetherAhoy MateySwan SoireeToucan Do ItCritters from the Past, and You Are Sumblime.


I stamped the images in Jet Black Ink, colored them with Copic Markers, and trimmed them out with the matching dies. Then I trimmed out the background pieces from Bristol Cardstock and blended on Distress Oxide Inks. The sandbars were die cut with Stitched Hillside Borders and colored with Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs and the sea with the Stitched Simple Wavy Borders and colored with Salvaged PatinaPeacock Feathers, and Uncharted Mariner. I also used Spring Showers for the clouds.


I used more Salvaged Patina for the sky, and then stamped a sentiment in black ink in the center. I layered on my clouds, waves, and sandbars with a mix of Scotch 3M Foam Tape and liquid glue. Then I did the same for my images. I also did some stamping on the inside of the card with Peacock Ink. And of course, I finished things off with a little bit of Stardust Stickles.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, you can click below or watch the video tutorial on YouTube. I really hope you enjoy it! Please be sure to check out the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team has created using this color palette and to link up your own projects and play along. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...