Monday, March 13, 2017

1 Set 4 Ways Episode 2: Sunday Stroll


Hey friends! Today I'm bringing you a brand-new series on my blog and YouTube channel. It's called 1 Set 4 Ways, and it's as simple as the name implies! I'll be taking images from just one stamp set and creating four cards, each unique, but cohesive enough to work as a set, by using similar supplies to tie them all together. I'm considering making this a monthly series, so I hope you guys are really going to like it! :)

I'm calling this one Episode 2, because I did this once before a few months back with the Avery Elle Woodland Wonders set. At the time, I was just trying to use up images I'd colored during The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge, so I thought it was just going to be a one-time thing. But I found myself in the same position again with lots of colored images just sitting in a bowl on my desk, and I liked how the first video had forced me to use up a whole bunch of them at once. So the idea for a series was born!


This episode features Mama Elephant's Sunday Stroll, a set that's filled with an adorable family and whole bunch of pets and bugs and little scene setters, which makes it perfect for this challenge. The possibilities are endless! On my first card, I didn't even use any of the people, creating a family of ducks instead.



The only thing the Sunday Stroll set is missing is sentiments, so I pulled those in from three other Mama Elephant sets, Sunday SentimentsCross My Heart, and In My Heart to suit each scene I was creating.


I used one sentiment on the outside of each card, and an additional sentiment on the inside of each card, along with some cute little images. I've just started finishing off the insides of my cards this year, and I find it really adds something extra special!



All other supplies used are listed and linked in the description bar below the video on YouTube. To watch it there in HD, simply click on the YouTube icon at the bottom right corner of the video. Please let me know what you guys think of this new series! And if you have any suggestions for a stamp that I should feature next month, I'd love to hear your ideas! Thanks so much for stopping by. 
Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!!!! LOVE your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this video. I have no ideas for what set you should use, but I would love to see this featured monthly. Great idea to keep your colored images in a bowl at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a creative art work. All the cards are unique, sweet, and beautiful. I liked your youtube series too. I am very impressed with your work. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...