Monday, March 6, 2017

Elphie Selfie with Friends


Who says animals can't take selfies? The minute I got saw this super clever Elphie Selfie set from Lawn Fawn I knew I had to have it. It just makes me smile so big, and isn't that the best kind of card to make and send out? The kind that you just KNOW is going to make someone's day?

Of course, the more friends that crowd in, the more fun the selfie is to take, am I right? I was actually inspired by the PBS show Spy In The Wild to add in a tortoise from Year Two and my attempt at an egret from A Birdie Told Me along with my elephants and mouse. I colored my images with Copic markers and cut them out with the matching dies.

To create my scene I started with a light blue panel die cut with the largest Small Stitched Rectangles and added two layers of tall grass cut with the Meadow Borders. I grouped my animals together and finished the scene with two clouds from the Spring Showers dies. I layered the scene over some pretty paper from the Perfectly Plaid 6x6  die cut with the Scalloped Rectangle Stackables. I also did some fun stamping on the inside with Merman ink, but I'll save that for the video.

Click on the YouTube icon to watch it there in HD, and don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe. It means so much! Have a great day, everybody!


3 comments:

  1. Such a darling card! Good job! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, you did wonderful work and it is really easy to make as well. The one you made is really cute, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...