Friday, March 24, 2017

Ahoy Matey + Friday Feature at BRI


Hey friends, I'm back with my second post of the day! For my Lawn Fawnatics Feature click here. Today happens to be a Double Feature Friday, as I'm also up on the Butterfly Reflections Ink blog with a fun pirate-themed card using the new Neat & Tangled Yo Ho Ho stamp set.

When I was a little girl, I was obsessed with the movie and TV series Treasure Island, so this set is full blown nostalgia for me. I ended up creating two cards, so I'm featuring the boy on my blog, and the girl version over at BRI.


These Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets ended up being the perfect accent for both cards. They look like little splashes of water, so they work great even for masculine cards. It's not easy to find embellishments that work well for both, but these definitely do.

I finished off the insides of the cards with some additional stamping and the leftover colored and die cut images.


For links to all the other supplies, please head over to the Butterfly Reflections Ink blog and check out my feature. Here's a sneak peek of how the other card turned out. I can't decide which is my favorite!


Do you struggle with using patterned paper on your cards? In today's video tutorial, I go over a few tips on how to pull in different prints and also how to use the colors to inspire your coloring. I hope you enjoy it!

Click on the YouTube icon to watch it there in HD and please don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe. I can't tell you how much your support means to me! Have a great weekend, everybody!


3 comments:

  1. you really are a whiz at picking Patterned paper! I always love how they tie in with your cards :D TFS your tips and tricks Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is impressive for me because i love this kind o stuff as it shows the reality about the real talent and i believe that God gifted material is awesome..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...