Friday, June 21, 2024

Birthday Fishes Card


Hey friends, today I've got another card featuring mermaids, using the Hello Bluebird Sea Friends and Sea Life stamp sets. I had this background sitting in a drawer for a couple years and I decided that it was finally time to use it, so I based the entire card design around that. I stamped the images in Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink, colored them with Copic markers, and trimmed them down with the matching dies.


The background is from a Sandy Allnock Class called Underwater Scenes. I'm so embarrassed to say that I got so frustrated trying to get this lesson just right that I never finished the class. I stuck this attempt in a drawer and it's sat there for the last three years. But over time I've come to appreciate it and decided that it was good enough to use on a card and it's even made me want to go back and finish the other lessons in this mini course.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, you can watch the video tutorial HERE on my YouTube channel. I really hope that you enjoy it! And maybe it will inspire you to take one of Sandy's amazing classes as well. Just give yourself a little more grace than I initially did. Have a wonderful day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...