Monday, June 3, 2024

Yappy Birthday Banner Card - Lawn Fawnatics #174


Hey friends, welcome back to another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! This time we are featuring stencils. I was super excited to ink up the new Bunting Background Stencils so I based my entire card idea around that. I decided to go with a doggy-theme, since my last card was a cat theme. Gotta show equal love, you know? I stamped out images from Yappy Birthday and the Yappy Birthday Add-on, colored them with Copic markers, and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the challenge, I decided to use not just one, not just two, but three stencils! I started with the Cloudy Stencil and some Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink for the sky. Next I brought in the Slimline Grassy Stencil and Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the ground. Then it was time for the two part Bunting Background Stencils. I brought in a rainbow of colors for the pennants, including Candied AppleMustard SeedTwisted CitronPeacock FeathersBlueprint Sketch, and Wilted Violet and I used Antique Linen for the strings.


I trimmed that panel down with the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables and glued it to a thin mat of Black Licorice Cardstock. Then cut down one of the prints from the Pint Sized Patterns Summertime 6x6 to fit the front of my A2 standard sized card and added the focal panel over top. I stamped part of my sentiment and cut out the rest using Finley's ABCs and finished with a bit of Stardust Stickles.


I really hope you enjoy the video tutorial, taking you step by step through the creation of this card! You can find it HERE on my YouTube channel. If you do like it, please be sure to hit the thumb's up button or leave me a comment or both! And don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics blog to see what the rest of the design team created to inspire you with stencils! We hope you'll play along!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...