Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Kendra Blog Hop


Happy New Year's Eve! Today is an extra special day because it is also my friend Kendra's birthday! Kendra is such a lovely person and a very talented crafter, and I'm lucky to count her among my crafty friends. A few of us put together a hop in her honor, so you should have come here by way of Roxanne's blog but just in case you missed any of the stops, check out the Crafter's Companion USA blog for details. Also, be sure to comment at every stop because there's going to be some prizes!

I had planned to film a video to showcase how I created this card, but I've been a bit under the weather this holiday season and have lost my voice completely! It's such a funny feeling, and believe me, my kids are taking advantage of it! ;) But anyway, I did snap some photos so I could walk you through step by step.


Step 1:
Ink up the Mulberry Wood Friend stamp from Crafter's Companion
with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamp onto




Step 2: 
Die cut your image into a focal panel.




Step 3:
Choose your patterned papers and match them to the 
Spectrum Noir color chart to choose your markers.




Step 4:
Color image with Spectrum Noirs in shades:
DR4, DR6, DR7, BT2, BT4, BT5, CT4, GB8, 
LG3, LG5, BG6, BG7, BG8, TN1 and TN2.
Add extra dots of the brighter shades for confetti.




Step 5:
Adhere your patterned papers to the card base
using your favorite sketch.




Step 6: 
Add a bow to the top of the panel and adhere with foam tape.
Round all four corners of the card base.




And viola!
Snap a photo of your results!


This post is bittersweet for me because it is also my last post as a Design Team member for Crafter's Companion. After much consideration, I've decided to step down to focus more on my health and to just enjoy crafting without the pressure of deadlines for a while. I had a wonderful two years on this amazing team and I'm going to miss it very much!

But before this post gets too long, let me close by wishing Kendra and extra special birthday and wishing all of you a very happy and healthy New Year! Hoping 2015 holds many exciting things in store for this industry and for each of you in your personal and crafty lives!

This was the final spot on the hop, but please check out the Crafter's Companion USA blog for the full hop list. And don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win the giveaway!


18 comments:

  1. Aw!!! So very sweet and what a lovely blog hop to celebrate for a dear friend!! Love that puppy image and of course your coloring is AWESOME!! I'm so sorry you're feeling sick - I hope you get all better soon!! And what a surprise announcement! Wow - you and crafters companion are like pb&j! I know it must have been a hard decision!! 2015 is full of opportunity and changes!!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick too :/ I hope you feel better! This is a great card- love the coloring!!! Happy birthday to your friend and a happy new year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful and festive card. Love the use of all the papers on the background and your coloring is spot on. Love the Mulberry Wood stamps. TFS and Happy Birthday, Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and you will be missed, Miss Lady!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww- love your mix and match of patterns and colors. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. xoxo... thank you so much for the lovely surprise hop and please know how much I will miss you our team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lively card. I like the background. Happy Birthday Kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bold choices for the papers! Cutesy puppy...HB Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable!
    Love the coloring and
    the dog is cute! Hope
    Kendra has a very
    Happy Birthday.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Christy! Thanks for all the crafty inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card - love the papers and the image.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVELOVELOVE all the patterned papers and the image is colored to perfection!!! Such a sweet card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday. love your card. cute stamp and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dog is so adorable, and you did a great job coloring it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable image, great coloring, and awesome choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the background and that cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling card! Love your fun paper choices and that sweet puppy image! Great coloring!
    Happy Birthday to Kendra!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...