Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cowboy/Cowgirl Up

Hey y'all! As you can see I'm on another one of my "southern voice" kicks (I'm about as Northern as you get) but at least today I have an excuse! I was coloring cowboy and cowgirl images!

Tomorrow night we have another special guest speaker at my Thursday evening writer's group: Author Kathy Otten. If you haven't read her books, I cannot recommend them highly enough. She is AMAZING. Kathy writes westerns, so when I volunteered to make her a thank you card from the group, I knew I had to do one with a western theme. Check out these cuties.


Meet Cowboy Billy and Cowgirl Lily from Pink Cat Studio. The minute I saw these adorable little kiddies, I knew they'd be perfect. I only had time to color them before I left for work,, but I'll be cutting them out and making a card with them tomorrow.


Kathy is a redhead, sort of the color I made Cowgirl Lily. I didn't bother with the balloons, because I'll be cutting them off and making ropes out of hemp to glue on their hands instead.


I had originally intended Cowboy Billy to be dark-haired, but there ended up being so much brown already between the horses, hats, boots, and belts, that I added a little Carmel and turned him into a dark redhead. I actually really like how the color turned out.

I'll finish up the card tomorrow afternoon when we get home from school and have it posted before I leave for my meeting. I'm really excited for this one! I think it's going to turn out really cute.

Have a great night, y'all! ;o)

6 comments:

  1. fabulous, you really are doing well, I have given up...lol...keep up the good work!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... so cute.. great coloring gf.... I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your images are beautifully colored! Can't wait to see your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring - cant wait to see your finished product! I love these images, too - they are the best - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the coloring! I have these images and love them. Can't wait to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...