Thursday, April 15, 2010

Howdy

Alright, here's the card I made with the images from yesterday.
I have to say that I am so pleased with how this turned out.

What I did was take a piece of white cardstock trimmed down to slightly smaller than my card front. I filled in the sky area using the chisel tip of my Copic BG10, then filled in the ground area with some Tea Dye distress ink from Ranger. I'd never used distress ink before, but I really love how it gave a dusty appearance, which is exactly what I wanted for these two little cowpokes. I drew in some pine trees on either side of the trail and popped the kiddies off with dimentional adhesive.


As you can see, I cut off the balloons that were in the original images, and made little ropes out of hemp. I glued those on, then added a bit more at the bottom of the card. I distressed the phrase "howdy" and popped that off the card as well.

Then I distressed the edges with a little more Tea Dye, and because the sky looked so flat, I did a little there as well. In fact, I thought I had ruined it when the circular marks (I used a makeup sponge to apply the ink) came in the middle, but after layering everything else on, I decided they sort of looked like distant dust clouds or mountains or whatever. Anyway, I decided to just leave them.


And that's it! I'm really looking forward to our visit tonight from Kathy Otten. She's a fabulous writer -- I'm simply in awe of her talent.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I am glad I was able to come by here to see the finished product :). This is adorable, lovely scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card!!!! LOVE IT (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute, love how you added the rope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this card!!!! I'm just getting into distress inks too and they are awesome aren't they??? Love the cowboy and cowgirl too :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this card is soooooo cute! I love what you did with the pine trees, and your coloring is awesome!

    Thank you for posting my lace candy on your blog!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I LOVE those cute little lassos your gave to the little cow pokes! Soooooo adorable! And you did a fabulous job with the background too! Love this card! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is sooooo cute! Love everything about this card... the cowboy and cowgirl, the horses, trees, background! Did I mention that I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this scene is way tooooo cute~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable western scene. Your rope lassos are such a fun accent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness gracious! Thank you all so much for your wonderfully sweet comments! I appreciate them so much! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! This is so fabulous!! You drew the trees in??!! love the rope and the coloring is great!! I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just toooo adorable! It looks professional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...