Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fishy Birthday

Happy Wednesday, everybody! How are you all today? Out enjoying this beautiful weather? Today was a good day for me. My hubby took the kids to school so I was able to sleep in, I finished the book I started yesterday (told you it was good!), and even made a card!

This one definitely is more masculine, since it will be going to our Thursday night writer's group leader, who has a birthday coming up this week. We like to tease Todd because he loves the Billy Blue Bass character that sings the extremely annoying filet-o-fish jingle on the McDonald's commercials. I knew I had to play on that when I was brainstorming for his card, but I also didn't want it to be too goofy. I think I struck a nice balance.


I found this great fishy paper from Carolyn Holt at A.C. Moore, and used a sheet of beige Bazzill cardstock for my base. I cut out one of the fish as my "Billy" and bent him gently out so that he looked like he was turning to speak. I mounted him with dimentional adhesive on another piece of beige cardstock that I stamped with a woodgrain background in Chestnut Roan Colorbox chalk ink. I popped that off as well on another piece of beige cardstock to resemble the plaque Billy hangs on.

Then I stamped the sentiment from Fiskars in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and drew a little speach bubble around it. I cut that out and adhered it with more dimentional adhesive near Billy's mouth. I think Todd will get a kick out of it.


Hope you enjoyed today's craft. :o) I'm off to tuck my little ones into bed and tell them a story, then settle in to watch a little Idol Gives Back. Have a great evening.

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of that singing fish "Give me that fish...give me that fish" LOL...yeah I am nuts :) Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We had a singing fish that sang, "Don't worry, be happy!" I can just picture this guy's response when you give him a fishy birthday card. Very nice. And I love your woodgrain stamp. I think you've used it before. I can see how it would be handy for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! I made me chuckle. It reminds me of the singing fish. Boy did my daughter want one of those when she was little. Wonderful card for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo...love the woodgrain stamp! this would be great for father's day too - beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...