Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thinking Of You Flower Vase

Just a simple card for today. I began with some white Georgia Pacific cardstock, and paired that with some polkadotted paper from Debbie Mumm. Then I stamped this flower vase image and colored it with Copics to match.


Colors used were: R20 (Blush), R22 (Light Prawn), Y11 (Pale Yellow), Y15 (Cadmium Yellow), B00 (Frost Blue), B02 (Robin's Egg Blue), G20 (Wax White), G21 (Lime Green), BG10 (Cool Shadow) for the glass, and E000 (Pale Fruit Pink) for the background. These just happen to be some of my most favorite Copic colors. They blend so well together and are extremely versatile. If you're just getting started with Copic markers, I highly recommend that you add these ten colors to the top of your wish list. I'd also add BG13 (Mint Green) to compliment the BG10. Another really gorgeous color. E000 (Pale Fruit Pink) is also a wonderful shade for skin tones.

I hadn't planned on cutting the image out, but a slip on my paper cutter made it necessary, unless I wanted to restamp and color the image, which I didn't. I popped it off the card with dimentional adhesive and added some ribbon from American Crafts.


In other news, as of tonight I am now the newest employee at our local A.C. Moore! I needed a part-time job in the evenings to suppliment our income now that my husband's in school (he's studying to become a nurse) and what better place to work than a store where I can get a discount on craft supplies? I'm actually really excited about it. It's been a while since I've been in the work force, but I always loved it and I'm eager to get back into it, even if it's only a couple evenings a week. I went up tonight and signed all the paperwork, so it's official! I start Friday night.

Hope all you ladies are doing wonderfully! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate each and every one of you. :o)

6 comments:

  1. this is such a cute card.. I love it! It turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Love the polkadot background! Congrats on your new job! That would be very dangerous to me! Essentially, I'd be working for free b/c I'd spend my paycheck every week there!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me at bonnieangel1797@gmail.com and I will give u the monthly stamp kit info... I didn't hv your email!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love that image, and that background paper is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! I like the image cut out.

    Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...