Friday, April 2, 2010

Hoppy Easter

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hoppin' down the bunny trail, hippity hoppity, Easter's on it's way! Lol. I used to love that song when I was little. Well, luckily I was able to get my Grandparents to babysit the boys at their house for a couple hours today and got much of my Easter shopping done. I decided to go a different route this year and do an outdoor play theme. We really don't need any more toys in the house, in fact, I'm really trying to pare down a lot of what we own and don't use. But outside stuff usually has to be replaced every year, so I'm using sand pails for baskets, and filling them with sand toys, water guns, bubbles, and things like that. I feel good knowing that I'm giving them things they actually need and will use, rather than cutsey trinkets that clutter up the house. Hopefully this gorgeous weather lasts a little longer so they'll be able to get some use out of them right away. We were actually dressed in shorts and t-shirts today! On April 2nd! That's unheard of around here.

And I made a new card this afternoon. I wanted to try making one of those cute 3X3 cards. The nice thing about them is that they don't have a lot of space, so a few simple embellishments is all you really need.


This adorable bunny stamp is from one of those Studio G $1 stamp sets. I love those! It's one craft supply that I never feel guilty about splurging on, because it's such a good deal. You usually get two images and a sentiment, sometimes even more, for a buck. Can't beat that! And if I don't have anything else I need to use my store coupon on that week, sometimes I'll use it on those and get a pack for $.60! I probably pick up a pack a week, so I'm gathering quite the collection. :o)

Paper is from The Sweet Stack from DCWV. Ribbon from Dashes, Dots, & Checks. I colored the image with Copics: C0 (Cool Gray 0), C3 (Cool Gray 3), R20 (Blush), G20 (Wax White), G21 (Lime Green), and BG10 (Cool Shadow) and punched it out with my square scallop punch. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! ;o)


I hope you all have a great weekend and a wonderful Easter holiday! Stuff yourselves with candy and don't feel guilty about it!

9 comments:

  1. Oops! I see I got a little too much C3 on the bottom poof of his tail. I'll take my colorless blender to it and clean that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is too cute! I love the stamp, I didn't even see Easter Studio G stamps this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, he is adorable! I love 3 x 3 cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, there was nothing for like, ever, and then about two weeks ago A.C. Moore got in a TON of Easter and St. Patrick's day studio gs. It was even AFTER St. Patty's so I don't know why they didn't put them out sooner. The bin was practically empty for weeks before that.

    Our Michaels didn't get ANY holiday studio g stamps in. They haven't refreshed their bins in a good long while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of this is very sweet, I missed that image too, I love snagging those little sets. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I've been gone for several days (as in out of town), so I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog. But it's late now, so I'll try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. I like how you added the sky and grass and used a scalloped border on your image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...