Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello Birdies

How are you all today? Here the sun is shining and I just saw a cardinal outside my window. Fitting, since today's card features one! How's that for a coincidence?

I've got dinner on (barbequed pork loin, roasted potatoes in a dry ranch rub, and corn) so I'm going to just jump straight into the card. My hubby will be none too pleased if his dinner goes up in flames! ;o)

I found this adorable stamp today at A.C. Moore (yes, I'm there even when I'm not working!) from Inkadinkado and used a 50% off JoAnn's coupon, since my employee discount doesn't kick in until I get my first paycheck. I just loved how cheerful these little birds seemed.


I colored them with Copics: R24, R27, R59, B00, B02, B06, G20, G21, Y11, Y15, Y38, YR04, and cut them out in a cloud shape to match this paper by American Crafts. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts -- one of those Footlong sets with little woodland animals. I wanted the ribbon to go behind the sentiment, so I cut two little slits on either side of the sentiment with my craft knife and threaded the ribbon through, securing it on the back with glue dots. I layered everything on some Georgia Pacific white cardstock, then popped the birdie cloud off with dimentional adhesive. It blended in too much with the background, so I carefully went around the edge with the side of my BG10 to make it stand out better.


I'm really happy with the way this one turned out! It's just a cheerful, everyday greeting card that's sure to put a smile on the face of whoever receives it.

What have you all been up to lately?

9 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! We had porkloin for dinner too - yummy! Your potatoes sound fantastic! We had bbq'ed red peppers and mushrooms with ours...

    Anyhoo, great card! Have a great evening!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think this is adorable! Love those birdies on the wire!!! Great background too :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Very sweet. It's so cool the way you stamped the birds on the cloud shape to match the dp and love how you did the sentiment with the ribbon - really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat card! I envy those who can use Copics well. One day, I'll have enough of a variety to play around :)

    Always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh this is a great card! I love this stamp too. I am going to have to add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much! I just love coming home each afternoon to find all of your sweet comments. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love those birds! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable, love the coloring and love how you laid this out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...