Thursday, April 8, 2010

Friends Are Flowers Gracie

Hey there, all! How are you tonight? Are you safe and warm inside your houses? Let's hope so. The wind is howling outside something fierce. I was out in it earlier this evening to attend my Thursday writer's group, but I'm glad to be back indoors. In fact, I think I might even go to bed early! It's eleven here now (ignore the time stamp below, it's wrong), so if I hurry, I might make it by midnight, which would be a great improvement over the last two weeks or so. I'm a night owl, I can't help it. Unfortunately, I live a morning person's life, and the two don't mix so well. The lack of sleep in these last few weeks is really getting to me. I just feel really tired and run down. So lets see if I can get todays craft posted in a reasonable amount of time. I am long-winded, after all. ;o)

Today I decided to use this adorable image that a new friend generously stamped and sent me. It's Gracie, by Lori's Lollipops, and she's available from Stamping Bella if you're interested. Isn't she sweet?


I colored her with Copics, and in the interest of the aforementioned time, I'll stick to just the numbers: E000, E00, R20, E33, E57, B00, B02, G20 for the background, and I think that's it. I saw this gorgeous patterned paper at JoAnn's this morning. It's by a company called Remember When. I cut along the flowers with my exacto knife on either side of her and wiggled her down between them for some added interest.

I thought she looked like she should be holding something, so I stamped a little flower from Hampton Arts and cut that out and glued it behind her back. And I just drew in the stem and leaf. The sentiment was from the same set as the tiny flower, and I thought that it just worked really well with the image and paper. I originally stamped it directly on the card, but it didn't come out completely perfect, so I stamped it again on a scrap of cardstock, colored it the same color as the background of the image, and punched it out with my oval scallop punch. Added some American Crafts blue polkadot ribbon and viola!


So, I'm thinking of doing another mini blog candy giveaway soon... Anyone interested? I'll keep you posted on that. Speaking of posts, I just did this one in less than fifteen minutes! Woohoo! Go me! ;o)

Sleep tight, everybody.

5 comments:

  1. This is a sweet image and I love how you embellished it with that beautiful bouquet. The fine detail cutting really paid off for you, because this turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christiana

    This card is just adorable. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...