Friday, April 30, 2010

Nuts About You

It's finally friday! Woo hoo! Have you got yourselves any exciting plans for the weekend? I'll be working most of it, but that's okay. I worked tonight as well, but before I left I did get a card made. What do you think of this little guy?


This one required some paper piecing. I made all the elements, from the tree and grass, to the squirrel and acorn. The squirrel and sentiment were stamps from Hampton Arts, but the rest I just did free hand.

It's a 4"x4" square card -- I just thought it would be something different to try. I used the leftover cream colored Bazzill cardstock from yesterday as my base. The cloud DP is a leftover scrap from American Crafts. To complete the natural look, I tied a bit of hemp into a bow at the fold. It's really turning out to be a rather useful material.


I don't know about you, but I am so tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open! I'm going to head up to wash my face, then go to bed. Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow- you did a wonderful job! Love the squirrel!
    We need a RIP for a squirrel too - this weekend one of my dogs caught one and killed it. Thank GOD I was not home for it! Yuk!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...