Monday, June 25, 2012

Sad News and The Heroes Card Drive


Hey everyone.
Today I had planned to share my video about
the Heroes Card Drive that Lawnscaping is hosting,
and I will get to that, but first I have some sad news to share.

If you follow me on Facebook you probably already know
that while we were out celebrating my son's 9th birthday
on Saturday evening, our home was broken into.
The whole place was completely ransacked and all
of our most prized possessions were taken.

All our laptops, my MacBook with all my pictures and writing
on it that I didn't have copies of or have backed up,
our ipods, the kids DS, my camera and all it's accessories,
my purse (we went to an amusement park so I left it behind),
my wallet and all my cards and info, the kids wallets and money,
cash, jewelry... we don't even know what else because
we aren't allowed to touch anything until the scene
has been processed for fingerprints
and due to a high volume of crime in the area,
they can't get here until tomorrow.
Anyway, I just wanted to explain in advance
why I might not be around much.
I had just had a power-crafting week, and had tons of projects
to share with you all, but no way of doing that now.
Luckily I had my phone with me, but I don't even
have editing software to take new pics, and even if I could,
I can't go into my office where all my crafty stuff is
because they ransacked that as well.
They even tore apart the kids' bedroom
and stole all their money and valuables, can you believe that?
The monsters.
I'm just really disheartned and discouraged over it all.
We feel so violated and unsafe in our own home now.
Unsafe in it and unsafe to leave it and have to come back.
I'll be reliving this every time I step in the door for a long while.
It stinks having to live in this mess for going on two days,
too, just a constant reminder of what was done to us.
I can't wait until they allow us to start cleaning up and
going through it all, and disinfecting everything.
They even touched my bedding and my pillows.
We've had to sleep on the livingroom floor and couches so far.
I understand that the high-violence crimes take top priority,
but I'll just be glad when they allow us to start going through
things and try to pick up the pieces.
So much of what was taken, like the pictures of my kids
and my writing... the novel I was working on,
and all my short stories are gone.
The pictures from our last trip to Germany
with my father-in-law who just passed away were on
the SD card in my camera case they took...
all that stuff is irreplacable. :o(
That's what breaks my heart the most.

Anyway, so sorry to go on about that.
I still do want to share this video
because this cause is such a worthy one,
and what happened to us is so light in comparison
to what these brave men and women give up
every day to defend our freedom.
Please watch and consider participating.
for more information.


31 comments:

  1. SO sorry to hear that this happened and that it's taking so long for the processing to happen so you can try to get back to a semblance of normalcy! I truly hope they catch these guys quickly and the items stolen are returned to you! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Christy! I am SO sorry to hear that this hapened to you and your family! I hope that these terrible people are caught and that you are able to get a least some of your things returned to you. Thinking of you and I truly hope things get better soon. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Christy, I feel sooo sorry for you and your family. It's terrible and I hope they catch those monsters SOON. My thoughts are with you, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this sad news. I hope they recover your belongings. Take care and hang in there! Sending virtual hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your break in. We've had it happen and it is quite unsettling. I pray that some of your items will be found and returned to you. Karma always has a way of working out. I'm sorry for you all :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear this. How awful. I certainly hope they find the culprits - I support your use of the word "monsters". Hope things take a turn for the better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Christy, I'm so sorry for you and Andreas...and the boys. I cannot imagine the violation you feel and the fear. I'm praying for you and also that the thieves will be apprehended and your property returned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this! You and your family are in my thoughts. It is so hard to lose irreplaceable items. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Christy.... I am sooooooo sorry. My blood boiled as I read your post. I really do hope they will catch those "monsters". I can't imagine what you are going thru... please, please, keep us updated. And know that you and your family are in my prayers. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so sorry... :( I hope the thieves are caught soon... This is horrible, I can't imagine how frustrated you are feeling... big big hugs, friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. What butt heads! Heffers....... AHOLES! I am so sorry friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't begin to know what you're going through (can only begin to imagine) - my heart goes out to you and your family during this challenging time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so very sorry to hear about what has happened to your family. There are no words to describe how low it is to take away someone's memories and most precious things. :( Hugs and prayers coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine your feelings of loss right now and my heart goes out to you. Sending prayers that you may be able to recover your lost items and cherished memories. Praying your life will get back to normal soon and that you and your family will feel the peace and comfort of God. hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christiana! I am SO sad and so sorry that this terrible thing happened to your family's break-in!! I can only imagine the anguish and sadness along with the whole thing. Please know that things will get better and you must stay strong to hang in there! Sending you big hugs!! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart aches for the losses your family has experienced. You are all in my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry for what you're going through. I can't imagine how horrible it must feel. I hope they catch the people who do did this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry that you and your family are having to go through that. It happened to us back in the eighties. So thankful none of you were home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to read what happened to you and your family. Lots of virtual hugs and prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry for what happened to you and your family... I totally understand how you feel... I have been a victim of theft too... Not to your degree but I know how it feels as if you have been personally violated and you still feel unsafe even though those criminals are no longer there... Thankfully you and your family were not physically harmed. Hugs from Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry for what happened to you and your family... I totally understand how you feel... I have been a victim of theft too... Not to your degree but I know how it feels as if you have been personally violated and you still feel unsafe even though those criminals are no longer there... Thankfully you and your family were not physically harmed. Hugs from Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so very sorry that this happened to you and your family. I hope the police are able to find those monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Christiana, I am so sorry for your losses! My heart just breaks for you and your family and with each new loss you described, it broke even more! I can only imagine how devastated you all must be... Thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort and a sense of security for your whole family....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible news. Cyber hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Monsters....and so heartless....! I am sooo very sad and sorry to hear such a sad story.

    I do HOPE that maybe...somehow, you might get some of your things back...!

    Please know there are many who care and can't being to imagine how difficult this must be...

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry to hear this--how horrible you must be feeling...and your son! what a crappy bday. Hugs to you and remember, karma is a b itch and will pay back the robbers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so sorry to hear this...I am glad that you and your family are safe but so sad that you have been a victim of a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so very sorry for what has happened to your family. I pray that you all can move forward in faith and keep these monsters from affecting the rest of your life. I am so very thankful that none of you were home or came home too early and encountered these creeps. God kept His protective hand on you. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am really sorry to hear your awful news. What a horrible thing to happen especially while you were out celebrating your son's birthday.

    I hope you will achieve some semblence of peace when you have cleaned up and got everything back in order. Having been in your situation just looking at how messy things are makes it seem so much worse. Good luck with removing the fingerprint powder too, it's a right bugger!!

    The worst thing, losing you data. Please, please learn from this and back things up. There are two types of people, ones who have lost data, the others have yet to lose it. So much of our lives is digital these days you have to be religious about backing it up.

    The best thing, none of you were at home, threatened or hurt and that is something to be really thankful for.

    All the best

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bless your heart this is horrible! It happened to me a few years back and it continues to anger and appall me even now. They are monsters but rest assured that they will reap what they sow - truly sad creatures ruining your happy place, your home. Sending prayers for inner calm, peace and justice for you and your family! BIG HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Christiana, I'm so sad to read that this happened -- and angry, too! I hope that things are starting to feel a little more normal now, although I know the memory of what happened will linger. It happened at my folks' house when I was younger, so I understand how violated you feel. I've got a lot of curse words for the people who did this to you, your family and your home, but I'll keep it clean for your blog!
    Sending you lots of hugs and comfort from across the border! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...