Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vintage Thanks


Hello again!
As busy as these first days of summer vacation 
have been, thanks to the longer daylight hours,
I've been able to get a little crafting done
in the evenings after work.

Here's a card I made using Crate Paper's 
Portrait collection and a Tim Holtz for Sizzix
embossing folder with some Distress Inks.
I takes me back to childhood memories
of visiting my great-grandparents in Ohio.
They were the sweetest couple on the planet,
and my grandma was always doing crafty things with us.
I think she would have really liked this card.


And I hope you do, too!
Enjoy these long summer evenings!

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I love the wood look at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Lovely! As always :) Love the wood grain, I am really wanting a wood grain embossing plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I really love that embossed and distressed background!!! You did it perfectly that I am looking at it and taking notes! Hope your summer continues to go amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the vintage feel of this. Your grandmother would definitely have loved this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful vintage card! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super stunning!! Love the vintage/shabby feel to it... something I could never achieve but you rocked it here, girlie! Have a fab weekend!! xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Christy! I love the embossed woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the subtle distressing and the beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...