Monday, August 15, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #16

Hi there!


And we have a brand-new sponsor for you this round:
Jenni has a wide range of amazing products.
I'm particularly fond of her inks -- they're my favorites!


I had a really difficult time brainstorming
for this challenge -- ONE layer?
No patterned paper? No ribbon? No buttons?
No foam dimesionals?

It took me completely out of my comfort zone.
But you know what? I'm glad it did.
Because it's good to challenge yourself in new ways.

Here's what I came up with:


I used Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Forest
and Bon Voyage, and LOTS of masking on this card.
I started with a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square, then cut out
a center square from the middle. 
I left the outer square mask on, and did my stamping
and distress inking and coloring in the middle,
using lots MORE masking for my scene
(Inkadinkado Stamp Masking Paper is my secret weapon).
When I had the focal image the way I wanted it,
I put the center square mask back on,
then took off the outer square and replaced it with
strips of masking paper, which I alternately pulled up
and either distressed with Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink,
or painted with a Jenni Bowlin paint dabber in Malted Milk.
The effect is kinda cool.
I hope you like it!

Please go visit the rest of the design team
and see their amazing samples of a one-layer card:
and our fabulous guest designer

And don't forget to check out the Lawnscaping blog
for all the details on how to enter this fun challenge.

Also, I want to remind you that today is the last day
so please do that if you haven't yet.
The comments will close at midnight
and the winner will be announced tomorrow.
Best of luck to all of you!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear...I have no idea what masking is...but I love your card....I think you did a beautiful job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did do a lot of masking. This one is going to be a challenge for me as well... but I think I already have an idea up my sleeve. I love Jenni Bowlin inks (I am hoping there are 3 new ones waiting on me when I get home today, eek) and I have some Jenni Bowlin paint dabbers that probably need to see some love so I'm looking forward to the challenge. This is such a sweet little scene you created. Fabulous job, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah such a cute card! Not heard of inkadinkadoo masking paper, I will have to go and check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Just wonderful. All that masking! Hello. I have that paper and seem to always turn to a stickie note because those are lying around my house. The masking paper was put away in my craft room and I never can remember where exactly I put it, lol!!! Great card, Christy! Seriously! Can't believe you did that all with masking. This might be a good video tutorial, hint hint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your card. Amazing scene with all the masking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...