Monday, June 4, 2018

Scuba Diver's Delight - Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #30


Hey friends! Welcome to Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #30! This round is all about card for guys! I decided to make a card inspired by my brother, who is a scuba diving instructor, using the new You Are Sublime stamp set. So much fun!


To really set the scene, I also pulled in images from Mermaid For You and Fintastic Friends. I colored them with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies. Then I created a Distress Inked background for my scuba diver and sea creatures to live in. I used Antique Linen, Blueprint Sketch, Lucky Clover, and Peacock Feathers, then sprinkled on a bit of water to give it a mottled effect to look like bubbles.


I adhered my focal panel to my Blue Jay card base, then added my images with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape. I stamped a sentiment and a few extra images on the inside with Deep Sea ink, which you can check out in the video. As a finishing touch, I added a little Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen to the fish for a bit of shimmer.


Click on the YouTube icon to watch the video there in HD and don't forget to like and subscribe! Your support means the world.


And now you're going to want to head over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing design team samples. And don't forget to link up your own guy-themed cards to play along!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...