Monday, May 20, 2024

Cactus Birthday Card - Lawn Fawnatics #173


Hey friends, it's time for another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, and this time we're doing Dies Only. I started out my card using the brand new Cactus Hillside Border. I die cut the main piece from Cilantro Cardstock, and gave it a bit of definition with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Ink. Then I cut the little agave plants from Sage Leaf Cardstock and defined those with Evergreen Bough.


Next I cut out two pieces of Bristol Cardstock with the ground piece of the Cactus Hillside Border, plus another using the second smallest Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. I colored the ground to look like sand with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink, and the sky with Salvaged Patina and a little Evergreen Bough. I also cut a few lines into the sand with the Ocean Wave Accents.


I created a card base out of Noble Fir Cardstock and did a bit of ink splattering with the green Distress Oxide Inks. Then to give it a bit more interest, I die cut the Honeycomb Backdrop out of Sage Leaf Cardstock and glued that over top. Then I assembled my focal panel, added a sentiment from Tiny Tags Sayings: Birthday and adhered it to the card.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, please click HERE to watch the video tutorial on my YouTube channel or click the thumbnail below. I do hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics blog to see what the rest of the design team has created and to link up your own Dies Only projects to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...