Monday, May 6, 2024

Loaded with Fun Card - Lawn Fawnatics #172


Hey friends, today we've got a fun and different Lawn Fawnatics Challenge. This time we're picking another Lawn Fawn design team member's card or project to inspire us. I get inspired by the other incredibly talented Lawn Fawn designers on a daily basis, so there were so many cards for me to choose from, but I ended up going with one that sparked a personal connection.


This is the amazing card by Catherine Cohen that inspired me to recreate it in my own style. Not only was it SUPER inventive (those hard hats are Ferris wheel cars and the bucket of the dump truck is a bathtub!), but my youngest son happens to work in road construction. I knew this would be the perfect birthday card for him.


I did switch up a few little things to make it my own, but the sets I used are Hay There, HayridesVeggie HappyBeary Rainy DayWheely Great DayRub-a-Dub-DubA Bug DealMermaid for YouKanga-rrific, and the Kanga-rrific Add-on. I colored all the images with Copic markers, modeling the color palette after my son's uniform and truck. Then I trimmed the images out with their matching dies.


For the background, I used the Cloudy Stencil and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink to blend a sky onto a piece of Bristol Cardstock. Then I cut the grass from Mushroom Border from Algae Cardstock and defined it with Mowed Lawn. Then I took a Simple Stitched Hillside Border and blended on Gathered Twigs. And last, I cut On the Road from Storm CloudSticky Note, and Bristol and blended on Black Soot and Squeezed Lemonade. I added a sentiment using Finley's ABCs and an Everyday Sentiment Banner.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click the thumbnail below or you can find the video tutorial HERE on my YouTube channel. I really hope you enjoy it! If you do, be sure to like the video and subscribe to my channel! And don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog to see whose cards the rest of the design team was inspired by! And to link up your own projects and play along! We can't wait to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...