Monday, February 15, 2010

A Day Trip and Some Goodies!

No craft for today, but I do have a good reason why. My wonderful husband had a special valentine's surprise for me! I'd been bemoaning the fact that we don't have a Hobby Lobby anywhere around here, and I've always wanted to go there. So he planned a day trip to the nearest one, an hour and a half away, then took the boys to a nearby Chuck E. Cheese so I could shop in peace to my heart's content!

It was such a fun day! And Hobby Lobby didn't disappoint. I'd heard that they carry everything in the way of supplies, and boy do they! I think I spent two hours just walking around the store, then another one carefully choosing my purchases.

They had lots and lots of good stuff, but the one thing I *really* wanted to get was some Copic markers. I've been watching dozens and dozens of tutorials on youtube on Copics, and I've been dying to get my hands on some. They don't have them anywhere in town, but Hobby Lobby carried them! Just look at all these beautiful colors. Don't they almost look like candy?


I know that when using Copics, you're supposed to stick with color families just a few numbers off from each other, but they didn't carry a huge supply, and at least half of what they did was out of stock. It's no wonder, they were 30% off, which was a total unexpected blessing. I thought I might be able to pick up 4 or 5, but since they were on sale I wound up with 11 gorgeous shades! I cannot wait to use them!

I also picked up this stamp set from a company that we don't have around here. I think it was called Paper Collection? I might be wrong though. And three pretty sheets of patterned paper. Sorry the colors are a little yellowed. It was late by the time we got back, which meant only indoor lighting. But I just love all those different butterflies and birds. And doesn't that flamingo look like so much fun?

It had a great time, but my feet are good and tired from all that craft exploring! I'm going to put them up and indulge in a little Olympic figure skating. Hope you all had a fantastic day! Talk to you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I love unexpected sales! And that paper is gorgeous... love the flowered sheet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful treat! You came back with some great goodies, too. Now I'll be waiting to see what you will do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mia, did you notice that I bought Copics to match? I loved those cool minty greens with the bright orange in that paper! Can't wait to use it all!

    Belinda, me too! There's so many awesome possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...