Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oceanic Stack

A quick craft for today. I chose to make another pair of earrings, because, well, a girl can never have too many earrings, am I right? Plus, I'm considering reopening my Etsy store in the semi-near future. I used to sell jewelry, but if I open it again I'll try adding cards and other little handcrafted items. I did pretty decent before, enough to at least cover my costs and then a little, but it was just so time-consuming. I enjoyed it though. And I'm going to have to do something to support my new papercrafting addiction!

So here's my latest creation. I'm calling them Oceanic Stack, because they remind me of the color-shifting, blue-green waters in all those travel ads of exotic locales. Plus, they're in a stack. Clever, huh?


The beads are cut glass from the Bead Gallery at Michaels. From their depth and clarity, I'd almost swear they were Swarovski crystal if I didn't know better. The photos really don't do them justice. In person, the colors are so vibrant and sparkly.


Hmm. On second thought, I might have to keep this pair for myself. They even match my shirt!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Well, if they match your shirt, I think you'll have to keep them for sure. I agree, they do shift colors like the ocean. Pretty design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...