Monday, October 18, 2010

Have A Blooming Good Day


Happy Monday, everybody!
I'm in a good mood today because it's my
day off! Yay! I'm going to be getting all sorts
of crafty today, from a roast chicken and
corn casserole for dinner, apple crisp
for dessert, and I might even try my hand at
making freezer jam.

But first, a card.


Isn't she sweet? I just love these Pure Innocence girls.
My local scrapbooking store carries a few so
I just had to pick one up when I was in there
the other day. The minute I saw her, I knew I wanted
to try paper-piecing on her dress. It's a technique that
I've admired on other's cards, but had never tried myself.
Until today. :o)

So, I paper-pieced her dress using a pattern from
the Everyday Tango collection by
My Mind's Eye, then colored the rest of her in
with Copic markers. I'm still learning how to get
the hair to look natural, but I feel like this is one of
my better attempts, so I'm happy.


After I got her all colored up, I stamped her
sentiment and then decided to cut her out
using my cuttlebug and Nestabilities label die.
It was quite the close trim, as you can see.
Next time, I'll cut out the shape and
THEN stamp the image so I can be sure
to center it properly. Oh well.

I also added a bit of Stickles
to the center of the flowers on her dress,
her heart-shaped hair barette,
and the bases of the flower petals.


I took the next size up die and cut out another
pattern from that same MME stack pack
and used it to mat my focal piece.

I decided that my blue Bazzill cardfront
needed some dressing up, so I took
the Hero Arts canvas stripe cling stamp
and inked it up with Chipped Sapphire and
Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.
Spritzed it a little with my Mini Mister
and stamped it on the card. I used my
Fiskars stamp press to line up the lines.


After that, all that was left was to
make a slit in the spine of the card to
tie my Offray ribbon through
and mount my image up with
dimensional adhesive.

I hope you like it!
If you haven't yet entered my blog candy
giveaway, be sure to scroll up to the top
and do so. There's still plenty of time!
Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Love your coloring technique and the colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the gorgeous blues! Your coloring looks fantastic, too and all of the details you added really make this card stand out. Absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great card! That image is so sweet and love how you colored her. The DP is perfect. Dinner sounds great, what time should I be there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute. I think the hair looks so cute. I think her cartoon'ish look is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! Your colouring is fantastic! Such a cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous! That image is adorable, and the paper peicing on the dress looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful sweet card...with a wonderful image...
    TFS!
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! I love the blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a roll with the coloring!!! all the shades of blue work beautifully on this card. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty - love that paper pieced dress - a really fresh looking design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stamp is so cute and the paper colours are really vivid abd beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...