Monday, July 16, 2018

Jurassic Fun Fold - Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #33


Hey friends! Today I'm bringing you a super fun card for our latest Lawn Fawnatics Challenge: Fun Folds! This card was totally inspired by the recent movie Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. My boys and I are huge fans of the entire series, and after returning home from the latest installment (so good!), I just had to make a dino-themed card. But dinosaurs are BIG, right? So I needed space to do my scene justice. I knew a Z-fold card was the way to go.


The great thing about the Z-fold card, is that from the outside it forms a complete scene in and of itself. If I'd really wanted to, that could have been a card right there. But who wants to have just a little fun when they can have a whole lotta fun! Am I right?

So I stamped my images from Critters From the Past, colored them with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For my focal panel, I folded a 4 1/4" x 11'' piece of pale blue cardstock at the 5 1/2'' mark to form a standard sized card. Then I simply scored the front panel at the halfway mark of 2 3/4'' and folded it back on itself. Then I die cut a continuous piece of kraft cardstock with the Stitched Mountain Borders, scored and folded it in the same places to match, and adhered them together. 


To finish off the scene, I added a few cooled lava caps to the mountains, some Spring Showers clouds, and my dinosaurs, of course. I used some Copics to add a sandy texture to the ground to give my dinos a place to stand. Finally, I adhered my Everyday Sentiment Banner to the top right corner. 

This card is so much fun to play with! Opening it up to reveal those two secret half-panels just brings a smile to my face every time.


To see how this card came together, click the YouTube icon at the bottom right and don't forget to like and subscribe! Your support means everything.

SaveSave

And now it's time to hop over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing Design Team samples, and don't forget to link up your own fun fold projects to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...