Thursday, July 25, 2019

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - July


Hey friends! I'm so happy to share with you the July edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! Today I'm playing with the fun new Birdie Brown set Sunshine & Friendship. These tubing jungle critters are so cute!


I chose three of the critters and some leaves, stamped them out in Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, and colored them with Copic markers. Then I trimmed them all out with the matching dies

To create my background, I took a piece of Bristol Smooth Surface cardstock and divided it in half with the Hit the Slopes Die-namics. I used Distress ink to watercolor the bottom half to look like a river, and the top half a jungle.



I used the Icebergs Die-namics to cut some rocks out of Gravel Gray cardstock and made them look "wet" at the bottom with a warm gray Copic marker. Then I glued them to the center of my river so I could have my orangutan jumping off the top. I added my tiger and sloth to look like they were lazily floating down stream, and my leaves and flowers to the top to help give off that jungle vibe. 

To finish it off, I added a sentiment, and used a white gel pen to give all the inner tubes some shine marks. I also did some stamping on the inside, which you can check out in the video.


You can watch below or click on the YouTube icon to view it there in HD! I would love it if you would hit that thumbs up button and leave me a comment! I always love to hear what you guys think. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...