Monday, August 19, 2019

Bring Me A Dream - Lawn Fawnatics #59


Today I'm here to make all your dreams come true! Or rather, Mr. Sandman is. ;) Welcome to Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #59! This one is so much fun, because it's all about Something See Through! Interpret that in any way that you like on your project, whether it be cut-outs, acetate, the possibilities are endless!


For my card, I had the idea to take one of the Gnomes from Oh Gnome! and turn him into the Sandman. To do this, I started by masking off the edges of his hat and stamping little stars from Upon a Star on it. I also stamped out the net from Butterfly Kisses, and the teddy from Holiday Helpers, and additional stars from Critters Ever After and A Birdie Told Me. I colored all the images with Copics and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


I needed a large moon, so I made one using two Stitched Circle Stackables and colored it with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink. Then I created a background with Shaded LilacBlueprint Sketch, and Dusty Concord. I trimmed out two layers of clouds using the Puffy Cloud Borders, one out of white cardstock, and one from Vellum. I stamped my sentiment on the white one in Juice Box ink.

I layered the vellum cloud border first on my background, then popped the white one up with Foam Tape. I popped my moon up as well and nestled it between the two clouds. Then I added my sandman with his teddy and his net of dreams and filled my sky with stars. As a finishing touch, I also sprinkled in a bit of Iridescent Mini Star Confetti.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or click the YouTube icon to watch it there in HD. And don't forget to like and subscribe! It means the world. :)


And now it's time to head over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing design team samples. I'm sure they're ready to blow your socks off with their See Through projects! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...