Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - August


Hey friends! It's time for the August edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! I am super duper excited to bring you this month's card because SQUIRRELS! Anyone who knows me well, knows that I absolutely adore squirrels so I maybe (definitely) squealed a little bit (a lot) when I saw the new Squirrel! stamp set by Birdie Brown. Aren't they just the cutest?!


I started by stamping out my images in Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, then coloring them with Copic markers. I shared all the shades I used in the video, so be sure to check that out at the end. Then I cut the images out with the matching dies.



For the background, I used the Cloud Stencil (one of the most used tools in my craft room) and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink to create my sky. Then I blended Bundled Sage onto an extra panel and trimmed it down with the Tucked-In-Turf Vertical Die-namics. I popped that up with foam tape, and then added all my cute little squirrels to my scene. To finish it off, I adhered a sentiment stamped on an Essential Slanted Sentiment Strip.


To watch the video, click below or view it on the My Favorite Things YouTube Channel. And don't forget to hit that thumbs up button and leave me a comment if you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...