Friday, April 23, 2010

Distress Resist Flowers

Hello, all! TGIF, am I right?

I tried an interesting technique out today. It's called distress resist. What I did was take a stamp with a solid background, stamp it in versamark on a book page, then emboss it with clear embossing powder. Then I took my tea dye distress ink and rubbed it over the image where it collected only where the negative space was. It gives a neat effect.

I cut that out and mounted it on some brown cardstock, then on cream cardstock, and finally on the brown cardstock base. I think the ribbon is from American Crafts.... I thought it was going to be dark brown, but I guess it's actually black. Oh well!

This is the great stamp I used from Hero Arts. Love it.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Talk to you soon!


  1. Once again, very professional. You could start giving classes, Christy!

  2. Very beautiful! Love the colors!


Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...