Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - August


Welcome! Today I'm so excited to bring you the August edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! I was so inspired by this month's releases to make a dance recital card featuring a bunny ballerina that actually leaps back and forth across the stage!


I started by stamping my bunny ballerina and two flower accents from Tutu Trio, coloring them with Copics, and trimming them out with the matching dies. Then I created a stage by masking off the bottom and sponging on some Mustard Seed Distress ink for the spotlight, and Gathered Twigs for the floor. The Take the Stage Die-namics are the perfect accent to add the drama and really make it look like a recital stage. I cut them out of Chili Powder cardstock and added yellow tie-backs to match the spotlight glow.


The bunny ballerina definitely needed to be able to leap to and fro, so I used one of the slider dies from Hit the Slopes to cut out a channel. For my slider mechanism I used two pennies with an oval Slider Element glued between. Then I adhered my bunny on top with some more liquid glue, ensuring that her feet would touch the ground on the left and right, and soar high above the stage when she reached the center. As a finishing touch I added some Crystal Stickles to the bunny's wings and tutu, and to the background and the flower by her ear.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, you can click below or find it on MFT's YouTube Channel. I hope you enjoy it! If you do, be sure to leave me a comment, and hit that thumb's up button while your at it, so the lovely folks over at MFT know I'm doing a good job. Your support means the world! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...