Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - December


Hey friends! I'm super excited for today's post, because this month marks one full year of guest designing with My Favorite Things! It has been such a blessing and an honor to work with this incredible company and the people who run it. It's changed my life. Really. And I'm thrilled to announce that I've been asked to continue for all of 2019 as well, so there will be lots more MFT inspiration coming to you from me! Yay!

For today's card, I decided to get personal. I used Birdie Brown Friends At First Sip and colored the curly haired girl and retriever/spaniel type dog to look like me and my sweet, old girl Zadie. You rarely see curly haired girls represented in stamps, so I just had to. And my favorite place to get coffee is a local bookstore and cafe, so I included images from Our Story to recreate it inside the shop window. Once I had everything colored in with Copics, I trimmed them out with the matching dies


For my storefront, I sponged Fired Brick Distress Ink through the English Brick Wall stencil and cut that down with the Boutique Die-namics. I trimmed the awning and door out of Black Licorice cardstock, and added an acetate window lined with Fun & Frolic patterned paper

I used Sno Cone cardstock for my sky, Grout Gray for the sidewalk, and Sour Apple for the Grassy Hill. To complete the card I  added in a cloud from Spring Scene Builder and a sentiment using the Essential Slanted Sentiment Strips.


I also did some stamping on the inside of the card, which you can check out in the video. Be sure to subscribe to My Favorite Things YouTube Channel for more inspiring videos! Thanks so much for watching mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...